We’re excited to welcome you back to Sharpham again. Safety is paramount, so you’ll notice changes but we’re sure you will expect things to be different for a bit and will help us make it work.
We are now open for guided and self-guided tastings.
We will honour pre-existing bookings and vouchers as a priority but will also keep some capacity for new bookings. We will also be running a limited number of self-guided wine tasting flights for booking in advance. Please email [email protected] to check availability.
Here’s a summary of the most important points.
Guided tours – Vine to Wine & Guided Tasting
- Guided tastings prioritised for those with existing bookings or with valid vouchers.
- Guided tasting sessions will have fewer people so we can socially distance.
- Please book at least 2 days in advance before the day of tasting.
- Tour slots are limited and are booked on a first come first serve basis via our booking calendar.
- Vine to Wine tickets (£20.00) can be transferred to the Guided Tasting and the difference of £7.50 will be offered as shop credit but please email [email protected] to arrange this.
Self-guided tasting flights
- Booking is essential to help us manage social distancing.
- Slots are limited to 45mins so we hope you will be on time. We have to rigorously clean before the next arrivals.
- Please enquire via [email protected]
- Our vineyard trails are open to walk at £2.50 per adult (kids go free).
- Booking isn’t necessary but please arrive within opening hours of 11am – 4pm.
- Vineyard walkers will still need to book tastings in advance.
- Unless you’re in the restaurant you can take a chilled bottle at a discounted retail price to enjoy in our picnic spots with some compostable cups. We know you’ll help us respect this beautiful place and use the rubbish bins provided.
- Sadly, we are not able to offer tasting samples ‘over the counter’ of either wine or cheese, but we know our products very well and can help you to decide.
- We are still following the strictest hygiene routines in order to make Sharpham the safest place possible. We have created slots between bookings to sanitise tasting areas and clean all glassware thoroughly. Toilets and surfaces are being checked every hour. Touch surfaces such as card machines, door handles and light switches are also being sanitised.
- Hand sanitiser points have been placed on each entrance and exit point.
- Please tell us if you notice an area that needs attention.
Capacity and social distancing
- We have limited the amount of spaces on our tours to comply with social distancing guidelines and have also reduced the amount of tasting slots to ensure we have time to sanitise and to stagger arrivals.
- All tables will be at least two meters apart.
- We have introduced a one-way system.
So, yes, there is a quite a lot of change but the wine is better than ever following an excellent vintage in 2019 and we have really missed being able to tell you all about it.